The Local Crank

Musings & Sardonic Commentary on Politics, Religion, Culture & Native American Issues. Bringing you the finest in radioactive screeds since 2002! "The Local Crank" newspaper column is distributed by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleburne, Texas, United States

Just a simple Cherokee trial lawyer, Barkman has been forcing his opinions on others in print since, for reasons that passeth understanding, he was an unsuccessful candidate for state representative in 2002. His philosophy: "If people had wanted me to be nice, they should've voted for me."

Thursday, April 19, 2007

An Excellent If Profoundly Sad Point...

...about "the worst mass shooting in US history." How soon some forget...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Yeah, I knew the media's use of that imprecise phrase was going to bring this subject up. Maybe a better way to describe it would be "worst mass shooting by a single civilian," or something to that effect. Even then, I somehow doubt that anyone would really comb through the history books to verify the claim.

It might be best if they just stick with "heinous crime" and leave it at that.

Can you imagine how the parents of Cho feel right now? I think I would seriously kill myself if my child ever did something like that. How could you bear to live with the guilt and pain?

4/20/2007 5:57 PM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

"Yeah, I knew the media's use of that imprecise phrase was going to bring this subject up."

At best, it's yet another example of the MSM's appalling ignorance of history. At worst, it creates the impression that some victims just don't count.

"Can you imagine how the parents of Cho feel right now?"

Yeah, I've thought about that several times when I have gotten to know the parents of clients who ended up doing prison time. Some can absolutely never admit that their child was guilty, no matter how overwhelming the evidence; others boil over with anger at the system, at me, at the DA, or even at the victim; some of them just shut down.

4/20/2007 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's as poignant a statement on the MSM's reaction to the VATech killings as I've yet read.

Needed saying.

4/22/2007 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home