The Local Crank

Musings & Sardonic Commentary on Politics, Religion, Culture & Native American Issues. Bringing you the finest in radioactive screeds since 2002! "The Local Crank" newspaper column is distributed by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleburne, Texas, United States

Just a simple Cherokee trial lawyer, Barkman has been forcing his opinions on others in print since, for reasons that passeth understanding, he was an unsuccessful candidate for state representative in 2002. His philosophy: "If people had wanted me to be nice, they should've voted for me."

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tom Tancredo: Crazier'n A Shithouse Rat

At least now we know he hates all brown people, not just Mexicans.

UPDATE: And now it's official.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually found most Iowans to be pretty sensible folks when I was up there in 2004. It's somewhat comforting to me that only 30 people were there to hear the latest version of his vision of the apocalypse.

8/01/2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

That is good to know. They may be the exception to the rule that paranoia over immigration increases proportionately the further you get from the border.
Hey, on an unrelated note, which dave are you? Do I know you IRL?

8/01/2007 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Dave Ward from Austin. I doubt we've met anywhere, unless it was at a state Democratic convention or something like that. I worked on the Dean campaign in 2004 and did quite a few speaking gigs around the state, but I don't think I did any very close to your neck of the woods. The Dean campaign is what took me to Iowa.

In fairness to the topic, immigration wasn't the hot button issue in 2004 that it is today, but like I said, I found most Iowans to be pretty level-headed, if you leave ethanol out of the picture, that is. They take their responsibility as one of the first states to decide very seriously, and I found that very refreshing. They'd engage you in conversation and ask good questions about your candidate, unlike here in Texas, where there tends to be a lot of "Get the hell off my porch."

8/01/2007 3:29 PM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

The name doesn't ring a bell but it's entirely possible we've crossed paths. I had a good friend from college named Dave who was in Austin and now, I think, is in DC, so that's why I asked.
But, yeah, Texans as a general rule tend not to be too receptive to politics. Of course, if you think that's bad, you should try calling Cherokee voters. I had my legal assistant helping me, bless her heart, but they can hear a white person a mile away and weren't too forthcoming.

8/01/2007 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home