The Local Crank

Musings & Sardonic Commentary on Politics, Religion, Culture & Native American Issues. Bringing you the finest in radioactive screeds since 2002! "The Local Crank" newspaper column is distributed by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleburne, Texas, United States

Just a simple Cherokee trial lawyer, Barkman has been forcing his opinions on others in print since, for reasons that passeth understanding, he was an unsuccessful candidate for state representative in 2002. His philosophy: "If people had wanted me to be nice, they should've voted for me."

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Jerry Patterson: Putting the "Nut" in "Gun Nut"

I am a hunter. I support the Second Amendment. Hell, I even got a "B" rating from the NRA when I ran for State Representative (it may have been a "C"; the point is, damn near everyone else either got an "A+" or an "F"). So I can definitively say that refusing to sell the Christmas Mountains to the National Park Service because they won't allow hunting, and instead selling the plot to private investors who have already said they won't let the general public in at all, is moronic. If Jerry Patterson wants to continue his crusade for Second Amendment absolutism, he needs to go back to the State Senate. If he is going to be Land Commissioner, he should put the public first. Protecting the environment somewhere in there would be nice, too.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home