The Local Crank

Musings & Sardonic Commentary on Politics, Religion, Culture & Native American Issues. Bringing you the finest in radioactive screeds since 2002! "The Local Crank" newspaper column is distributed by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleburne, Texas, United States

Just a simple Cherokee trial lawyer, Barkman has been forcing his opinions on others in print since, for reasons that passeth understanding, he was an unsuccessful candidate for state representative in 2002. His philosophy: "If people had wanted me to be nice, they should've voted for me."

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

This Can't Be Good

The ongoing meatgrinder of Iraq is causing the US Army to slowly but surely run out of equipment. Doesn't anybody in this Administration know how to run a war?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the last few years have proven conclusively that the answer to your question is an emphatic no. Now that the Iraq Study Group has released its report, the question becomes when will the administration join EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD in realizing that their policies in carrying out this ill-conceived war are and have been a gigantic mistake.

Sorry. I didn't mean to shout. It's just that it's inconceivable to me that the whole subplot of the ISG story is, "Will he listen to reason?" like he's some willful child refusing to take a distasteful medicine, and not the President of the United States sending young men and women off to die simply because he doesn't want to say he made a mistake.

12/06/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

Sad, but true. And even George HW Bush (41) can't hide his disgust over it any more. And to think I complained (as did many Democrats) about GHWB after the first Gulf War for failing to take Baghdad and capture Saddam. We were idiots.

12/06/2006 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was right there with you. It'll be easy, we said. Thank goodness 41 listened to wise counsel. What is it with 43? I mean, I'm 51 and still stubborn about listening to my daddy, too, but he's demonstratably smarter than me, so I suck it up and pay attention. Sheesh.

12/06/2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

I think Mark Twain said, when I was 17, I thought my father was an idiot. By the time I was 26, I was amazed at how much he had learned in only a few short years.

12/07/2006 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home