The Local Crank

Musings & Sardonic Commentary on Politics, Religion, Culture & Native American Issues. Bringing you the finest in radioactive screeds since 2002! "The Local Crank" newspaper column is distributed by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleburne, Texas, United States

Just a simple Cherokee trial lawyer, Barkman has been forcing his opinions on others in print since, for reasons that passeth understanding, he was an unsuccessful candidate for state representative in 2002. His philosophy: "If people had wanted me to be nice, they should've voted for me."

Friday, November 16, 2007

Candidate Match Game

You should try it. True to form, I ended up matched with the three guys least likely to win: Dennis Kucinich (yeah, yeah, Blue Gal, no gloating), Mike Gravel and Chris Dodd. In fairness, though, the range of questions was pretty limited, which is the general problem with these kinds of match-ups.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

Ha. Love you.

11/17/2007 12:52 PM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

I love you, too, dear heart; but you didn't say how you scored...

11/17/2007 1:36 PM  
Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

I answered all the questions by saying "What would Dennis say?" and was very surprised to see Christopher Dodd come in a very close second. His stands on immigration and the war are more "moderate" than Special K's.

I hate moderation, as you know. xxx

11/17/2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

Interesting, but also kinda bass-ackwards, innit? What if you answered all the questions by saying "what would Blue Gal say?"

11/17/2007 10:47 PM  
Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

Kucinich would still win.

11/18/2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

"would" or "did"? See, now I'm messing with you...

11/18/2007 7:46 PM  
Blogger Brody said...

Interesting. When I answer the questions based on political reality, it's pretty much exactly like I'd expect- Obama, Dodd, Edwards. When I close my eyes, click my heels, insist on single payer health care, and otherwise believe in faeries, Kucinich wins by a landslide.

Aaaaand that doesn't suprise me either.

11/20/2007 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home