The Local Crank

Musings & Sardonic Commentary on Politics, Religion, Culture & Native American Issues. Bringing you the finest in radioactive screeds since 2002! "The Local Crank" newspaper column is distributed by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleburne, Texas, United States

Just a simple Cherokee trial lawyer, Barkman has been forcing his opinions on others in print since, for reasons that passeth understanding, he was an unsuccessful candidate for state representative in 2002. His philosophy: "If people had wanted me to be nice, they should've voted for me."

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Can Someone Please Explain to Me...

...why the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, self-proclaimed "King of America" (crowned in a bizarre ceremony thanks to John McCain's "chief political advisor" lobbyist Charlie Black),the biggest backer the Republican Party has ever had, and crazier'n a pear orchard boar, gets a pass from the Mainstream Media that makes their treatment of L. Ron Hubbard look like coverage of Mother Theresa's funeral?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Brody said...

Yea well- you get no sympathy from me. I live in the home city of the Washington Times.

Every time I see someone on the metro reading it I want to rip it out of their hands, hand them 35 cents, and tell them to take another shot at buying an actual newspaper.

3/28/2008 1:10 AM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

"Yea well- you get no sympathy from me. I live in the home city of the Washington Times."

Surely, living in DC means you've already suffered enough. In fairness, though, I should point out that one of the participants in the coronation of "King Moon" was a Democratic Congressman...

3/28/2008 12:49 PM  
Blogger dmarks said...

The Washington Times is a newsletter of the Unification Church. Anyone who quotes from it really badly discredits their argument.

3/28/2008 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home