The Local Crank

Musings & Sardonic Commentary on Politics, Religion, Culture & Native American Issues. Bringing you the finest in radioactive screeds since 2002! "The Local Crank" newspaper column is distributed by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleburne, Texas, United States

Just a simple Cherokee trial lawyer, Barkman has been forcing his opinions on others in print since, for reasons that passeth understanding, he was an unsuccessful candidate for state representative in 2002. His philosophy: "If people had wanted me to be nice, they should've voted for me."

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Tearing Down the Wall

In the latest round of their war against the Establishment Clause, minions of the Tele-Pharisees in the House have voted to deny attorney fees to parties that prevail in religious discrimination cases. The idea behind this is clear: make it so prohibitively expensive to sue the government for violating your religious freedoms you just don't bother.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick,

I take offense at your labelling the League of the South as racist. I suppose you get your information from the SPLC, which is known for dishonesty at best. As the Texas State Chairman for the organization, your claims of the organization being racist are unfounded and groundless. I encourage you to do your own research rather than rely on others to do it for you. I suppose that since I support Kinky for Governor and even have photos of he and I together you will probably say that he rubbed elbows with the Texas League of the South as well. I believe you are making a big stink out of nothing in this matter. I encourage you to do your own research and focus on Texas politics rather than trying to stir up matters for people from another state. You are meddling. Let the people of Colorado take care of their own matters.

10/03/2006 12:10 AM  
Blogger The Local Crank said...

I base my opinion of the League of the South on my own research, which demonstrates considerable apologia for slavery by its members and adherents. I call that racist. I do not, however, think being interested in Confederate history or even openly advocating secession is racist. And this blog is about national as well as Texas politics, so I'll respectfully decline your suggestion to limit my focus to Texas. Moreover, Tancredo wants to affect National immigration policy, which impacts Texas even more than Colorado. And no, I don't think Kinky is a racist, I think he is a buffoon and a dilettante running for office when he has no clue as to how the government works or what he would even do if he, by some miracle, actually got elected. Thanks for dropping by.

10/03/2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home