- Cong. Zack Wamp (R-Tennesse and a Cherokee) teams up with Cong. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-Illinois) to name the main entry hall on the $592 million boondoggle Capitol Vistors Center "Emancipation Hall," in honor of the slaves who orginally built the Capitol;
- E.J. Dionne with some of his usual thoughtful commentary on the ongoing disintegration of the Republic Party;
- Hamas captures the Gaza Strip; yet another disaster for Bush's Foreign "Policy";
- The Defense and Veterans Affairs Departments are failing mentally wounded veterans. Pretty sad that this just isn't shocking anymore;
- And just before the tiger finally devoured him, Trent Lott realized he had made a fatal mistake in ever thinking he could ride it;
- Privitizing justice, shockingly enough, seems just not to work;
- Turns out legal immigration ain't running too smoothly, either.
Labels: News Round-Up