The Local Crank

Musings & Sardonic Commentary on Politics, Religion, Culture & Native American Issues. Bringing you the finest in radioactive screeds since 2002! "The Local Crank" newspaper column is distributed by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleburne, Texas, United States

Just a simple Cherokee trial lawyer, Barkman has been forcing his opinions on others in print since, for reasons that passeth understanding, he was an unsuccessful candidate for state representative in 2002. His philosophy: "If people had wanted me to be nice, they should've voted for me."

Monday, August 11, 2008

Everyone Loves Chet!

Yes, everyone! I still think he's a long shot for Vice President (especially given that he is the only living Democrat who could hold this district), but still, it's nice to be courted.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kup said...

Go Chet!

8/11/2008 8:55 PM  
Blogger dmarks said...

His record, at least as displayed in the comments, make him appear to be like a aomewhat (?) liberal Republican.

8/11/2008 10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mentioned in a different BOR post about this same topic that I'd rather have Chet in the Texas Congressional delegation,amassing seniority and plum committee assignments.

Since Tom DeLay eliminated all the Texas Congressional seniority with his redistricting scheme, no, make that abomination, Texas really no longer has any clout in the House.

It is nice to get the attention, but I loves me some Chet Edwards right where he is.

8/13/2008 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home