The Local Crank

Musings & Sardonic Commentary on Politics, Religion, Culture & Native American Issues. Bringing you the finest in radioactive screeds since 2002! "The Local Crank" newspaper column is distributed by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleburne, Texas, United States

Just a simple Cherokee trial lawyer, Barkman has been forcing his opinions on others in print since, for reasons that passeth understanding, he was an unsuccessful candidate for state representative in 2002. His philosophy: "If people had wanted me to be nice, they should've voted for me."

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sheer Brass Monkeys

The White House rubs its grubby little hands together with glee at the prospect of political gains from an apparently narrowly-averted brutal terrorist mass-murder. Meanwhile, Big Dick Cheney worries that Connecticut voters are emboldening "the al Qaeda types" by shamelessly refusing to vote for the candidate the White House preferred. One imagines Osama bin Laden in his cave anxiously surfing the blogosphere. "Well, I was gonna call off this whole war against the Great Satan, but now that the Democrats have nominated Ned Lamont, JIHAD!!!"

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Sometimes when I'm on the road and bored, I'll listen to the Rush Limbaugh show for as long as I can stomach it (which usually isn't long). Yesterday and today he had one of his lesser minions hosting the show. I was amazed at how many times the host and his callers gave the British AND George Bush credit for the foiled terrorist plot in the same breath. Did I miss something in the news, or is this just the predictable result of political partisanship and blind hero worship?

8/11/2006 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home